1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Lit a match.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My best friend from childhood had TWINS. Two people from church had their 2nd’s (both boys…again!).
Jenn had her baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Everyone who was in danger of dying had already died before 2006.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Thailand, China, Laos.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Mo’ money! Maybe even a “real job”.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 23rd was cool because we had a big Christmas potluck followed by carols by candlelight at our house. We had over 50 guests show up.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I worked part time at night for 11 weeks.
I also weaned Jonas.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably many mini parenting disasters.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, but Nick had that whole nasty Dengue fever thing back in September.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A 1998 Volvo!
12. Whose behaviour merits celebration?
Jonas is turning into such a little man. He pretty much decided on his own to be potty trained shortly after his 2nd birthday. He is so loving and sweet and huggy now.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and upset?
It seemed that some people in leadership positions let it go to their head last fall. That seems to be smoothing out now though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Plane tickets and the car.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I’m excited about my brother’s wedding in March 2007. I was really excited about Christmas this year because I knew that Jonas would be old enough to get into it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Maybe WIND OF CHANGE
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder?
I am happier. We have a nicer house and we have a car. I’m also not teaching right now so I have a lot of free time.
ii. thinner or fatter?
I think I have gained about 5 pounds. However, I was unnaturally thin for a while when Jonas was around 6 months old. Too much breast feeding.
iii. richer or poorer?
Probably poorer in money in the bank, but richer in “things”.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I invited all of our single friends over to our house and we had a brunch and gift exchange.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I was already in love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I like What Not to Wear.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I enjoyed The Poisonwood Bible. I don’t really remember the other books I read.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted the VITAMIX 5000, and I got it 2 days ago!!!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
An oldie: Holiday Inn staring Bing Crosby.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was in Beijing, China, visiting old friends. They made me a nice waffle breakfast and then watched Jonas in their apartment so that Nick and I could go shopping at the Pearl Market and eat at my FAVORITE noodle shop in Beijing. I turned 26.
32.What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a plan for what we are going to be doing next year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Clothes that fit, and shirts and shoes with sequins or beads.
34. What kept you sane?
Getting a proper amount of sleep and ordering food from restaurants.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t think my feelings were strong enough for “fancy” level.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m kind of disturbed that Sadaam Hussien is going to be hanged.
37. Who did you miss?
My family and friends in Alabama.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The new teachers who came to work with us from the States: Stacy, Brad and Andy. We also met a cool guy on Christmas who came to our house named Wang.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
“ooo-ooo child, things are gonna get easier”
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I could run away
But You would never leave
You would always stay
Right by my side
Everything I've ever wanted
I've found in you
And I need you, Oh I need you
Every step of the way