I am back from the dead. I had one of the strangest sicknesses ever this week, and I have lost about 3 days to fatigue.
On Monday, I didn't have anything to do, but I went to the gym...TO EAT! I felt kind of dumb going to the gym just to eat in the cafe, but they have good food, smooties, and a special buy 2 get 1 free menu item deal going on until December 31. I am helpless in the face of "saviings".
Monday night I went to bed with kind of a strange feeling in my stomach, and woke up around 6 a.m. to nurse Jonas. I felt kind of woozy and told Nick to be on the listen in case I needed him. I ended up having to take Jonas in the bathroom with me to puke, but he was a good child and played in the bathtub while I died on the toilet. I kept feebly calling for Nick but he didn't hear me. Finally when the coast was clear, I went into the bedroom and told Nick of my troubles, then spent the rest of the day in and out of delirium in a darkened room. I don't really remember anything before about 3pm, and finally gathered my strength and took a shower at 5pm, only to go to bed for the night around 8. Wednesday I was weak and had no interest in food, but was mentally competent and attended a meeting. I also filmed some group shots of all the members of our organization who work in Laos. We have a conference in February and I am supposed to be making a video about our team to showcase at the conference. I actually studied film editing at University.
But anyway, I still feel weak and strange, but less so with each passing day. And food doesn't tase the way it should, but I know I'm not pregnant so don't even go there.
While I was infected with whatever THAT was (I'm thinking AMOEBA), I got "infected" by Clarity and a Virus survey thing that is going around the web.
All I have to do is "Write 5 random facts about yourself, and then list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect". Hopefully, unlike my physical infection, it won't result in me losing hours of my life. By the way, isn't that a gross word? "Infection"? Imagine these confersation killers:
"Does this look infected to you?"
"And then I says to her, I says, 'Yeah? Well at least I'm not INFECTED!"
"So, I was infected the other day..."
Anyway, FIVE LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT CAN CAN!
1. I can't sleep in public places. It makes for a really long 17 hour flight from Korea to America when we are on our way home from Asia. I just. Can't. Sleep.
2. I feel like I struggle with being tired alot, and I'm not sure if this is because I am a mom, or a breastfeeding mom, or a vegetarian, or if I am still experiencing culture shock symptoms (after 4 years?).
3. Today I am giving a midterm exam to my students. They cheat alot so I purposely made 2 different forms that look exactly alike. Yet when I grade the paper of a person who obviously tried to copy the wrong form, I feel bad for THEM. Too dumb to cheat right!
4. I haven't had a visit from *ahem* "Aunt Flo" (feminine euphemism) in more than 23 months.
5. I am thankful that I have a naturally slim build with little or no effort on my part, but I do spend time worrying that I will accidently become TOO thin. I never worried about that before I had a baby. I also had alot more time to eat before I had a baby. In fact, I would be happy to sit around and eat for most of the daylight hours. But then I wouldn't have the slim build anymore.
Now I to spread the infection, so here are 5 "victims":
Erika (side note: I got a real live snail-mail Christmas card from her yesterday!
Ah. Now I just have to hope everyone I infected actually reads my diary soon.
Today we are having an office Christmas party. Quite ambitious in country where Christmas isn't a national holiday, or even celebrated. I am in charge of games. I try hard not to pick cheesey and/or awkward games when I have this responsibility. I hope all goes well.